Electrical fire consumes mobile home

By Kevin Spradlin
PeeDeePost.com

* Photo gallery

HAMLET — A man was displaced from his mobile home late Friday afternoon after an electrical malfunction sparked a fire.

Kevin Spradlin | PeeDeePost.com A Hamlet Fire Department firefighter searches for the cause of a fire that destroyed a mobile home Friday in Hamlet.

Kevin Spradlin | PeeDeePost.com
A Hamlet Fire Department firefighter searches for the cause of a fire that destroyed a mobile home Friday in Hamlet.

The home, located in the 100 block of Old Bennettsville Road, was destroyed. The man said he did not have insurance. The fire reportedly began after a fan above the stove malfunctioned.

No one was home when the fire was reported. The man who lived there had reportedly left the home about an hour earlier.

Hamlet Fire Department personnel were dispatched at 5:20 p.m. by Richmond County Emergency Management Services. They arrived on scene in fewer than three minutes. Officers with the Hamlet Police Department also responded.

Units cleared the scene by 6:19 p.m.

Kevin Spradlin | PeeDeePost.com Firefighters with the Hamlet Fire Department look for hot spots as the wrap up work at the scene of a mobile home fire on Friday in Hamlet.

Kevin Spradlin | PeeDeePost.com
Firefighters with the Hamlet Fire Department look for hot spots as the wrap up work at the scene of a mobile home fire on Friday in Hamlet.

Kevin Spradlin | PeeDeePost.com A young man shows interest in the tales of a Hamlet Fire Department firefighter.

Kevin Spradlin | PeeDeePost.com
A young man shows interest in the tales of a Hamlet Fire Department firefighter.

Kevin Spradlin | PeeDeePost.com A Hamlet Police Department officer connects with a young man who recently visited police HQ during a school trip.

Kevin Spradlin | PeeDeePost.com
A Hamlet Police Department officer connects with a young man who recently visited police HQ during a school trip.

 

Filed in: Featured News, Hamlet, Latest Headlines, News, Public safety

You might like:

Nine Miners earn ‘magic’ Disney experience Nine Miners earn ‘magic’ Disney experience
The REVs fall in lopsided loss The REVs fall in lopsided loss
Cougars rally from 3-0 deficit for tie Cougars rally from 3-0 deficit for tie
Natural Resources Careers Camp application period now open Natural Resources Careers Camp application period now open
© 5583 AlleganyPlayground.com. All rights reserved. XHTML / CSS Valid.