Fire ignites from discarded cigarette

Staff report at 1:32 p.m. 

CORDOVA — First-responders are on scene of a grass fire that ignited from a discarded cigarette.

breaking_newsThe emergency all for help was reported at 1:12 p.m. Volunteers with Cordova Fire and Rescue and the North Carolina Forest Service were dispatched to a home on Ab Lane, off Horseshoe Road south of Osborne Road.

The property owner had been on site burning brush when the blaze got out of control, but the blaze that got away was started by the cigarette. The fire threatened the residence, but firefighters quickly created a safety line to prevent the home from being damaged.

The landlord has reportedly suffered burns on her leg and hand. The extent of her injuries are not yet known.

Filed in: Latest Headlines, News, Public safety

You might like:

Russ dominates back nine en route to victory Russ dominates back nine en route to victory
Boogeymen rally for third win Boogeymen rally for third win
Summer Flex League to begin June 3-6 Summer Flex League to begin June 3-6
Home field advantage shines in Saturday Morning Tag League debut Home field advantage shines in Saturday Morning Tag League debut
© 2022 AlleganyPlayground.com. All rights reserved. XHTML / CSS Valid.